The minutes from the October 2019 Suburban Acres Civic League meeting held on October 14, 2019 are posted and available. Please click here to view the minutes from the meeting.
The meeting was extremely well-attended. Candidates on the ballot for the upcoming elections were in attendance and addressed the membership! Members had a great opportunity to hear from and interact with the candidates.
Candidates in attendance:
State Senate District 6
- Lynnwood Lewis
- Elizabeth Lankford
Delegate for District 100
- Rob Bloxom
- Phil Hernandez
Clerk of the Court
- George Schaeffer
We had a great turnout for the Crock-pot Cook-off and another year of fabulous dishes prepared by members! There is some serious cooking talent in our community!
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who brought dishes and contributed to such a great event.
Here are the result of the cookoff!
- Crock-pot Cook-off Results:
- 1st Place: Gabriel & Helen Kinnison – Veggie Chili
- 2nd Place: Ann Owens – Beans and Beef
- Special Recognition: Marissa O’Neill – Chocolate Lava Cake
- Other food: Thanks to everyone else who brought delicious slow-cooked dishes (Everett Leseberg, Joan Wilson, and Dave and Kathryn Hunter); cornbread (Pearl Windle and Karen Mayne); and desserts (Noelle Gabriel and JoAnn Powell). And many thanks to Harris Teeter for its donation of gift certificates.
We’ll see everyone again at the Holiday Party in December!