Provided by our Community Resource Officer – Odell Davis:
Norfolk Police Department
Crime Prevention Tips To Prevent Car Break Ins
This flier is provided by the Norfolk Police Department to deter criminals from breaking into your vehicle.
Car break larcenies can occur anywhere. Primarily in places where there is a large concentration of vehicles. This would include parking garages, shopping facilities, churches, sporting/recreation events, and restaurants.
Here are some tips which will hopefully keep you from being a victim!
- The best advice, do not leave anything of value in your vehicle in plain sight that you do not want taken.
- Always lock your doors even if you plan to be away from your vehicle for a short time. Example: running in to pay for gas.
- Park in well lighted areas.
- When shopping, always make sure to place purchases in the trunk and out of sight before going to the next shopping area to park.
- Try to maintain a “clutter free” vehicle.
- Remove GPS systems from view when leaving vehicle.
- Consider replacing standard license plate screws with theft deterrent screws available at auto parts stores.
Don’t be a Victim. Help us help you. Eliminate Opportunity and Eliminate Crime!
Norfolk Police Crime Prevention Unit
2500 N. Military Highway
Norfolk Virginia 23502